National Heritage Investment Initiative
The National Heritage Investment Initiative (NHII) is an Australian Government, $10.5 million grants program that provides assistance to restore and conserve Australia's most important historic heritage places.
Over 2005-06 to 2008-09, grant funds will be available for projects that restore and conserve Australia's most important historic heritage places. Priority will be given to places included in the National Heritage List.
Grants will generally be for major restoration or conservation works, $100,000 to $500,000. Grants of up to $40,000 have also been provided for the development or updating of conservation management plans for heritage places.
To be eligible for funding, a place must be entered on either the Australian Government's National Heritage List, or on a state or territory government statutory heritage register, at the time at which an application for funding is submitted.
Remaining grant funding for 2007-08 has been allocated. Due to limited funding availability in 2008-09 there will be no further competitive rounds under the NHII.
NHII Discretionary funding, 2007-08
New South Wales
- $50 000 to the All Saints Cathedral Bathurst for restoration work to Bathurst Cathedral Bells.
- $203 300 to The Bondi Surf Bathers Life Saving Club for restoration works to the Training and Education Facilities and Ground Floor.
- $200 000 to St Joseph's Nudgee College for restoration works to the Tracey Building.
- $250 000 to The Hellenic Community of Western Australia Inc for restoration works to the semi dome and side gables of Sts Constantine and Helene Church.
- $250 000 to the Anglican Parish of South Perth for the restoration of the Church of Saint Mary the Virgin, South Perth.
To be eligible for funding, a place must be entered in either the National Heritage List, or a state or territory government statutory heritage register.
Australian Government departments, agencies or authorities, or places owned by the Australian Government, are not eligible for funding.
Heritage Projects Section
Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
GPO Box 787
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Tel: 1800 653 004 (free call)
Fax: (02) 6274 2095