Rangelands related monitoring and evaluation and reporting
Monitoring and evaluation is about identifying and collecting information to determine if natural resource management (NRM) activities produce the desired results. Monitoring, evaluating and reporting helps:
- identify what works, and what activities should continue
- improve actions where they are less effective
- change actions if they are ineffective
- National Framework for Natural Resource Management Standards and Targets
- National Natural Resource Management Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Resource Condition Indicators
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Biodiversity Monitoring in the Rangelands: A way forward Volume 1 (report prepared in conjunction with CSIRO's Centre for Arid Zone Research and the Tropical Savannas CRC).
- Birds Australia Atlas of Australian Birds
State of the Environment Reporting
National State of the Environment Reports (SoE) are based on data and information gathered and interpreted against environmental indicators. For convenience environmental indicators have been grouped into environmental themes. These environmental themes are known as the SoE reporting themes.
2001 State of the Environment Report links on grazing in the rangelands: