1 Approach | References
State of the Environment 2011 Committee. Australia state of the environment 2011.
Independent report to the Australian Government Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities.
Canberra: DSEWPaC, 2011.
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority. Great Barrier Reef outlook report 2009. Townsville: GBRMPA, 2009.
- Dobbs K, Day J, Skeat H, Baldwin J, Molloy F, McCook L, Johnson M, Elliot B, Skeat A, Vohland K, Wachenfeld D, Kenchington R. Developing a long-term outlook for the Great Barrier Reef, Australia: a framework for adaptive management reporting underpinning an ecosystem-based management approach. Marine Policy 2011;35:233–40.
- Hockings M, Stolton S, Dudley N. Evaluating effectiveness: a framework for assessing management effectiveness of protected areas. Gland, Switzerland & Cambridge, UK: International Union for Conservation of Nature, 2000.
- Hockings M, Stolton S, Leverington F, Dudley N, Courrau J. Evaluating effectiveness: a framework for assessing management effectiveness of protected areas. 2nd edn. Valentine P, ed. Gland, Switzerland & Cambridge, UK: International Union for Conservation of Nature, 2006, viewed 20 September 2011, http://data.iucn.org/dbtw-wpd/edocs/PAG-014.pdf .
- Walker B, Holling C, Carpenter S, Kinzig A. Resilience, adaptability and transformability in social-ecological systems. Ecology and Society 2004;9(2):article 5.
- Resilience Alliance. Resilience. Resilience Alliance, 2011, viewed 19 September 2011, www.resalliance.org .
- Carpenter S, Brock W. Adaptive capacity and traps. Ecology and Society 2008;13(2):40.
- Walker B, Salt D. Resilience thinking: sustaining ecosystems and people in a changing world. Washington, DC: Island Press, 2006.
- Standards Australia, Standards New Zealand. Australian/New Zealand Standard: risk management—principles and guidelines. First published as AS/NZS 4360:1995, 3rd edn., 2004; revised and redesignated as AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009. Sydney & Wellington: Standards Australia & Standards New Zealand, 2009.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Parry M, Canziani O, Palutikof J, van der Linden P, Hanson C, eds. Cambridge, UK & New York, USA: Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- Australian Treasury. Australia to 2050: future challenges. The 2010 intergenerational report. Canberra: Australian Government, 2010, viewed 20 September 2011, www.treasury.gov.au/contentitem.asp?NavId=&ContentID=1710 .
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. Measures of Australia’s progress 2010. Cat. no. 1370.0. Canberra: ABS, 2010.
- Australian and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council. Core environmental indicators for reporting on the state of the environment. Canberra: ANZECC, 2000, viewed 20 September 2011, www.environment.gov.au/soe/publications/indicators/pubs/core-indicators.pdf.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Environmental performance review of Australia. Paris: OECD, 2008.
- Australian Government Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts. Australia’s fourth national report to the Convention on Biological Diversity. Canberra: DEWHA, 2009, viewed 22 September 2011, www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/publications/cbd/fourth-national-report.html