ICT Sustainability Plan Discussion Paper
The Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts released the Whole-of-Government ICT Sustainability Plan Discussion Paper on 7 September 2009. Comments were invited from interested individuals and groups, in particular from the ICT industry.
Comments closed on 30 September 2009 and around 20 submissions were received.
The Department is now reviewing the comments and considering them as part of the development of the plan.
The ICT Sustainability Plan Working Group would like to thank all those who submitted comments on the discussion paper.
Download the discussion paper
- Download discussion paper as PDF - Whole-of-Government ICT Sustainability Plan Discussion Paper (PDF - 556KB)
- Download discussion paper as RTF - Whole-of-Government ICT Sustainability Plan Discussion Paper (RTF - 1870KB)
The discussion paper includes:
- contextual information relating to ICT sustainability, including information on relevant current Australian Government frameworks, policies and guidelines
- questions that have surfaced about key issues during discussion paper development
- the environmental standards currently available for ICT acquisitions
- the proposed process to develop a whole-of-government ICT energy consumption target, as well as proposed energy intensity measures for use by agencies
- environmental management in the Australian Government and at agency level
- discussion on ICT as a means to enable sustainability.