Notice by Murray-Darling Basin Ministerial Council under Section 43A(7) Of the Water Act 2007
This notice advises that the Murray-Darling Basin Ministerial Council (Council) and its members have comments on various aspects of the Altered Proposed Basin Plan transmitted to the Council on 6 August 2012. This notice specifies the views of the Council on the Proposed Basin Plan in accordance with section 43A(7) of the Water Act 2007.
Views expressed by the Council as a whole are set out in Attachment A of the notice.
- Attachment A: Notice by Murray-Darling Basin Ministerial Council under Section 43A(7) of the Water Act 2007: Views of the Council as a whole (PDF - 74 KB) | (DOCX - 26 KB)
Views expressed by one or more than one Council member but are not specified by the Council as a whole are set out as follows:
- New South Wales & Victoria: Attachment B (PDF - 215 KB) | (DOCX - 100 KB)
- New South Wales: Attachment C (PDF - 76 KB) | (DOCX - 76 KB)
- Queensland: Attachment D (PDF - 152 KB) | (DOCX - 33 KB)
- South Australia: Attachment E (PDF - 880 KB) | (DOCX - 192 KB)
- Victoria: Attachment F (PDF - 80 KB) | (DOCX - 91 KB)
Council welcomes the Commonwealth Minister's assurance that he intends to actively work with jurisdictions prior to finalising suggestions to the MDBA under section 44(1) of the Water Act, and make public any suggestions he makes.
Issued by the Authority of the Murray-Darling Basin Ministerial Council
27 August 2012