Securing Our Economic Future - Adapting to a Changing Environment
Swan Hill Rural City Council
About the project
Swan Hill Rural City Council's project will focus on three strategic areas:
- developing economic development initiatives to diversify the regional economy and reduce the reliance on water to drive economic growth;
- provide pathways for our community to adapt to the changing climate by developing a Resilience Action Strategy to prepare the community for a future with less water; and
- develop a comprehensive Sustainable Water Use Strategy that identifies practical tools, projects and initiatives to lead our community in its adaptive response to a reduced allocation of water for a future with less water.
The development of three strategic plans for short and long term priorities for economic development, community adaption and innovative water saving opportunities.
This project was completed in December 2012 and resulted in three comprehensive strategic plans:
- Robinvale Economic Development Strategy
- Community Resilience Action Strategy
- Sustainable Water Use Strategy
All three plans were developed to echo the four themes of Sustainable Communities, Economic growth, Environmental Management and Governance and Leadership which provide the framework for Council Corporate Plan 2009-2013.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Swan Hill Rural City Council directly on 03 5036 2333.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.