Humpback Whale Tracking and Behavioral Study
Cetacean permit application C2013-0006
- General Permit Application (Word - 116KB)
- Supplementary Form A (Word - 130KB)
- Permit application Q3 Map Attachment (Word - 144KB)
- Permit application Q4 Description Attachment (Word - 24KB)
- Permit application Q5 Research Proposal Attachment (Word - 314KB)
- Permit application Q6 Qualifications and Experience Attachment (Word - 36KB)
About the application
The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities has received an application for a permit under Part 13, section 237 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
The application is to study migrating humpback whales in Commonwealth waters off Sydney. This involves accompanying whales for a period of time while continuously recording whale location, whale behaviour, external influences and environmental data. The research is to be undertaken by the Whale and Seal Foundation. Further details can be found in the attached permit application documents.
In accordance with the provisions of section 237(3b) of the EPBC Act, you are invited to comment on this proposal before COB 24 May 2013
Comments can be sent by email to EPBC.firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Migratory Species Section
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601