Consultation Regulation Impact Statement on regulation of water market intermediaries
- Draft COAG regulation impact statement for consultation on the regulation of water market intermediaries (PDF - 528 KB) | (DOC - 330 KB)
On 11 April 2013 the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Standing Council on Environment and Water (the Council) released a draft COAG Regulation Impact Statement (known as a 'Consultation RIS') on the regulation of water market intermediaries. The Council's communiqué is available on the SCEW Latest news page.
Stakeholders in the water sector have expressed concerns about the potential for conduct and practices of water market intermediaries to impact on irrigators and other water market participants. The Consultation RIS outlines a description of the problem, four response options and a preliminary impact analysis of each of these options. The options under consideration include no action, publication of additional guidance material, a voluntary accreditation scheme and a mandatory licensing scheme.
The COAG RIS process is conducted in two stages. Stakeholder input was sought on the Consultation RIS; the consultation period closed on 7 June 2013. Stakeholder input on the Consultation RIS will inform the preparation of a final RIS for decision makers (known as a 'Decision RIS'). Further information on the COAG RIS process is available on the Office of Best Practice Regulation website .
- Central Irrigation Trust and the CIT Water Exchange (PDF - 423.95 KB)
- Central Irrigation Trust and the CIT Water Exchange (DOC - 185 KB)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (PDF - 436.56 KB)
- Australian Water Brokers Association Submission (PDF - 405.49 KB)
- Australian Water Brokers Association Submission (DOC - 591.5 KB)
- Australian Water Brokers Association Appendix (PDF - 485.4 KB)
- Australian Water Brokers Association Appendix (DOC - 70 KB)
- New South Wales Irrigators' Council (PDF - 211.42 KB)
- New South Wales Irrigators' Council (DOC - 56.5 KB)
- National Farmers' Federation (PDF - 522.02 KB)
- Southern Riverina Irrigators (PDF - 465.39 KB)
- Southern Riverina Irrigators (DOC - 59 KB)
- Irrigation Australia Limited (PDF - 130.68 KB)
- Irrigation Australia Limited (DOC - 258 KB)
- Queensland Farmers' Federation (PDF - 43.78 KB)
- Victorian Farmers Federation (PDF - 139.87 KB)
- National Irrigators' Council (PDF - 401.43 KB)
- Murray Irrigation Limited (PDF - 402.74 KB)
- Waterfind (PDF - 377.21 KB)