Scientific research on the biology, ecology, migrations and genetics of blue whales and other cetaceans
Cetacean permit application C2013-0008
- General Permit Application (PDF - 58.8 KB) | General Permit Application (DOC - 116.5 KB)
- Supplementary Form A (PDF - 68.56 KB) | Supplementary Form A (DOC - 135.5 KB)
- Permit application Q3 Location (PDF - 264.27 KB)
- Permit application Q4 (PDF - 1.64 MB)
- Permit application Q5 Research proposal (PDF - 509.49 KB)
About the application
The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities has received an application for a permit under Part 13, section 237 of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
The application is to study the biology, ecology, migrations and genetics of blue whales and other cetaceans within a variety of locations (see attached permit application documents). This involves satellite tagging, suction cap attachments, tissue biopsies, photo identification and aerial surveys. The research is to be undertaken by the Blue Whale Study Inc. Further details can be found in the attached permit application documents.
In accordance with the provisions of section 237(3b) of the EPBC Act, you are invited to comment on this proposal before COB 29 August 2013.
Comments can be sent by email to EPBC.email@example.com or in writing to:
Migratory Species Section
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601