© Director of National Parks, 2007
Annual Report by Chapter
- Park's Australia's organisational snapshot, values and approaches (PDF - 683 KB)
- Director's review (PDF - 334 KB)
- Financial and Commonwealth reserves system summary (PDF - 78 KB)
- Organisational structure (PDF - 428 KB)
- Corporate overview, planning, reporting and performance (PDF - 461 KB)
- State of the parks report - Full chapter (PDF - 2319 KB)
- Management and accountability (PDF - 127 KB)
- Financial statements (PDF - 563 KB)
- Appendices (PDF - 551 KB)
About the Report
This annual report was prepared in accordance with the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997, Finance Minister's Orders under that Act and the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.
The Director's review and the rest of this annual report, except the financial statements for the Australian National Parks Fund and the Auditor-General's report on those financial statements, constitutes the Director of National Parks' report of operations.
The holder of the office of the Director of National Parks is responsible under section 9 of the Commonwealth Authorities and Companies Act 1997 for the preparation and content of the report of operations in accordance with Finance Minister's Orders.
Highlights for 2006-07
- Proclamation of 14 new marine protected areas almost doubling the area of Australia's Commonwealth marine reserve system
- Major funding increase for control of yellow crazy ants, new visitor infrastructure in Uluru, and dedicated Customs vessel for monitoring Ashmore and Cartier reserves
- Four year project commenced to rehabilitate old uranium mining leases in Kakadu and these leases incorporated into the park
- Significantly increased visitor spending in Kakadu and Uluru regions following cooperative global marketing campaign
- Booderee National Park recognised by WWF as one of the top 10 Australian protected areas
- Escalating price of water at the Australian National Botanic Gardens triggers new approaches to water use and supply
- Professional and dedicated staff valued and recognised
- Accelerating operational and asset management cost pressures forecast to exceed income