These awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievement in protecting the environment and creating a sustainable Australia with two prestigious awards: the Prime Minister’s Environmentalist of the Year and the Prime Minister’s Young Environmentalist of the Year.
Nominations for the Prime Minister’s Environment Awards 2013 are now open
- Media release: Prime Minister’s Environmentalist of the Year Award opens today - 4 February 2013
This award recognises the invaluable contribution individuals, groups or organisations make to the environment to achieve a more sustainable Australia.
This award recognises the invaluable contribution made by a person under the age of 25 in protecting, conserving or rehabilitating our unique environment and achieving a more sustainable Australia.
Through these awards, the Australian Government will recognise the national contribution made by individuals, groups or organisations working on projects across Australia, particularly in the following areas:
- biodiversity or ecosystem conservation
- improving the sustainability of Australia’s urban communities, including sustainable use of resources and energy efficiency
- sustainable water projects
- pollution reduction projects, including air quality and renewable energy
- climate change adaptation projects
- community education concerning the above areas.
Winners will be announced as part of United Nations Association of Australia’s World Environment Day celebrations in June.
- United Nations Association of Australia
To see the eligibility criteria or to nominate for an award, visit the United Nations Association of Australia website
Nominations close Monday, 22 April 2013