Great Barrier Reef Strategic Assessment - Submissions
Public submissions were an important part of the strategic assessment and were considered throughout the strategic assessment process. The public comment process was an opportunity for all members of the community to have a say on the future management of the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area and adjacent coastal zone.
Submissions were called for on 1 November 2013 until 31 January 2014.
Comments received during the consultation period are being used to inform the preparation of final reports for the Great Barrier Reef Strategic Assessment. The final reports will be provided to the Australian Minister for the Environment for consideration in mid 2014.
The Department recently wrote to those who provided a submission on the draft strategic assessment reports requesting permission to publicly release their submissions. The following are submissions are from stakeholders who approved the release of their submission.
- Australian Heritage Council (PDF - 564 KB)
- Carefish (PDF - 2,080 KB)
- Department of Agriculture (PDF - 295 KB)
- Douglas Local Marine Advisory Committee (PDF - 474 KB)
- EDO (PDF - 824 KB)
- Environmental Defenders Office of Northern Queensland (PDF - 1,972 KB)
- Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (PDF - 935 KB)
- Individual e005 (PDF - 334 KB)
- Individual e022 (PDF - 48 KB)
- Individual e029 (PDF - 1,453 KB)
- Individual e039 (PDF - 95 KB)
- Individual e064 (PDF - 92 KB)
- Individual e141 (PDF - 2,718 KB)
- Individual e205 (PDF - 131 KB)
- Individual e207 (PDF - 52 KB)
- Individual e232 (PDF - 180 KB)
- Individual e254 (PDF - 1,681 KB)
- Local Government Association of Queensland (PDF - 2,548 KB)
- QGC (PDF - 2,426 KB)
- Queensland Conservation (PDF - 323 KB)
- Queensland Coral Reef Fin Fish Fishery (PDF - 3,357 KB)
- Queensland Resources Council (PDF - 2,219 KB)
- Regional Development Australia Far North Queensland & Torres Strait Inc (PDF - 477 KB)
- Terrain NRM (PDF - 605 KB)