EPBC Act Assessment and approval process policies
About the Policy Statements
The following policies and procedures included in these Policy Statements are intended to serve as guidance only and should be applied consistently with the requirements of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) and the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Regulations 2000 (EPBC Regulations). These Policy Statements do not represent legal or professional advice.
To the extent of any inconsistency, the EPBC Act and EPBC Regulations will prevail over these Policy Statements. If you consider that any of these Policy Statements may be inconsistent with the EPBC Act or the EPBC Regulations, please contact the Community Information Unit. These Policy Statements may be subject to change at any time.
Where there is a reference in these Policy Statements to the exercise of a delegated power by a Ministerial delegate, references to departmental officers do not imply that these officers will make a decision under the EPBC Act.
- Policy Statement – Listing events
- Policy Statement – Expiry dates for approvals
- Policy Statement – Definition of "action"
- Policy Statement – Reconsideration
- Policy Statement – Indirect consequences of an action
- Policy Statement – Change of person proposing to take an action
- Policy Statement – Definition of "Environment"
- Policy Statement – EPBC Act Delegations
- Policy Statement – Consideration of a person's environmental history
- Policy Statement – Staged developments
- Policy Statement – Translocation of listed threatened species
- Policy Statement – Statements of reasons