Forms - Ozone licences and reporting forms
How to apply
Ozone Licensing and Reporting System (OLARS)
Applications for all licence types administered under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989, as well as any related administrative activities such as the lodgement of quarterly reports must be lodged online, through the department’s Ozone Licensing and Reporting System (OLARS).
Your licence application will not be assessed until you pay the application fee and submit all required supporting documentation to the department.
Licence application forms
- EQPL - Online application for an ODS and/or SGG Equipment Licence
- Online application for a Controlled Substances licence for HCFCs (including application for HCFC quota)
- Online application for a Controlled Substances licence for SGGs (HFCs/PFCs/SF6)
- Online application for an Essential Uses licence
- Online application for a Used Substance Licence
- Online application for an Exemption under Section 40
For information about completing licence application forms please read supporting documentation below.
Note: To avoid delays in the processing of your licence application please also provide the date of import in the supporting documentation that you attach to your application.
When applying for a licence or exemption under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989 you will be required to provide supporting documentation and detailed information about yourself and your organisation (if applicable), as well as information about the proposed activity (e.g. import, export or manufacture of ODS).
A summary of the information that you will need to complete the application form, along with a list of supporting documentation you must submit with your application, is available for each licence:
- ODS/SGG equipment (EQPL)
- HFCs, PFCs and SF6
- Essential Uses Licences
- Used Substances Licences
- Exemption under Section 40
Import reporting forms
Use this form to report gas contained in equipment, e.g. air-conditioning and refrigeration:
- Form 1: Report equipment - Report imports of ODS and/or SGG Equipment (Including Nil report)
Use these forms to report bulk gas, e.g. cylinders and tanks:
- Form 2: HCFC reporting - Report imports of HCFCs (including Nil report)
- Form 3: SGGs Reporting - Report imports of SGGs (HFCs/PFCs) (including Nil report)
- Form 4: Essential uses reporting - Report imports of scheduled substances for Essential Uses (including Nil report)
- Form 5: Used substances reporting - Report imports of used scheduled substances (including Nil report)
- Form 6: Methyl bromide reporting form - Report imports of Methyl Bromide (including Nil report) (DOCX - 46.42 KB)
Use this form if you have been granted an exemption under Section 40 of the Act:
- Form 7: S40E reporting - Report imports of products exempted under Section 40 (including Nil report)
Export reporting forms
- Report exports of HCFCs (including Nil report)
Report form for exports of bulk HCFCs (including Nil reports)
- Report exports of SGGs (including Nil report)
Report form for exports of bulk SGGs (including Nil reports)
- Report exports of Used or Recycled scheduled substances (including Nil report)
- Report exports of Methyl Bromide (including Nil report) (DOCX - 50.06 KB)
Reporting form for Methyl Bromide licence holders
The Minister (or delegate) may transfer a licence from a current licence holder (the transferor) to another person* (the transferee). This must be done on a joint application by the current licence holder and the transferee.
As with a normal licence application, the Minister (or delegate) must not grant an application unless satisfied that the transferee is a fit and proper person to be granted the licence. There is no fee for a licence transfer, however the new licensee (the Transferee) will still be required to report on a quarterly basis and pay licence levies. *(or incorporated body such as a proprietary or limited company)
PLEASE NOTE: If you just want to change the nominated contact details you do not transfer the licence. Nominated contact details can be changed using the Updating details form below:
- Online application to transfer a licence – Transferor (current licence holder) application form
- Download Transferor Declaration (PDF - 200 KB) | (Word - 356 KB)
- Note: the current licence holder submits the online application then signs and posts the original Transferor Declaration to meet the requirements for original signatures in the licence transfer process.
- Online application to transfer a licence – Transferee (licence recipient) application form
- Download Transferee Declaration (PDF - 215 KB) | (Word - 355 KB)
- Note: the licence recipient is required to submit the online application then sign and post the original Transferee Declaration to meet the requirements for original signatures in the licence transfer process.
- Compliance report form for equipment that operates on Hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) or Hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) or Chloroflurocarbons (CFC) (PDF - 60 KB) | (Word - 50 KB)
Note: Methyl bromide quarterly reporting forms for imports and exports are located under reporting forms above.
- Feedstock permit application form
- Methyl bromide record of all use form
- Methyl bromide summary record of all use form
- Record of sale form
- Report of all use of methyl bromide by critical use exemption holders
- Report of sales form
For translating and interpretation assistance telephone 131 450