Forms - Ozone licences and reporting forms

How to apply

Ozone Licensing and Reporting System (OLARS)

Applications for all licence types administered under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989, as well as any related administrative activities such as the lodgement of quarterly reports must be lodged online, through the department’s Ozone Licensing and Reporting System (OLARS).

Your licence application will not be assessed until you pay the application fee and submit all required supporting documentation to the department.

Licence application forms

For information about completing licence application forms please read supporting documentation below.

Supporting documentation

Note: To avoid delays in the processing of your licence application please also provide the date of import in the supporting documentation that you attach to your application.

When applying for a licence or exemption under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989 you will be required to provide supporting documentation and detailed information about yourself and your organisation (if applicable), as well as information about the proposed activity (e.g. import, export or manufacture of ODS).

A summary of the information that you will need to complete the application form, along with a list of supporting documentation you must submit with your application, is available for each licence:

Import reporting forms

Use this form to report gas contained in equipment, e.g. air-conditioning and refrigeration:

Use these forms to report bulk gas, e.g. cylinders and tanks:

Use this form if you have been granted an exemption under Section 40 of the Act:

Export reporting forms

Other forms

Transferring a licence

The Minister (or delegate) may transfer a licence from a current licence holder (the transferor) to another person* (the transferee). This must be done on a joint application by the current licence holder and the transferee.

As with a normal licence application, the Minister (or delegate) must not grant an application unless satisfied that the transferee is a fit and proper person to be granted the licence. There is no fee for a licence transfer, however the new licensee (the Transferee) will still be required to report on a quarterly basis and pay licence levies. *(or incorporated body such as a proprietary or limited company)

PLEASE NOTE: If you just want to change the nominated contact details you do not transfer the licence. Nominated contact details can be changed using the Updating details form below:

Updating details

Compliance form

Methyl bromide

Note: Methyl bromide quarterly reporting forms for imports and exports are located under reporting forms above.

More information

For translating and interpretation assistance telephone 131 450

For translating and interpretation assistance telephone 131 450