Better Water Workshop Series - National Water Quality Management Strategy
- Background Report (PDF - 3.65 MB)
- Fact sheet 1 – What are the Better Water Workshops (PDF - 265.89 KB)
- Fact sheet 2 – Who should get involved and why? (PDF - 390.15 KB)
- Fact sheet 3 – Selecting Better Water Workshop locations (PDF - 592.8 KB)
- Fact sheet 4 – The role of the workshop host (PDF - 418.26 KB)
- Fact sheet 5 – The role of the National Better Water Team (PDF - 340.01 KB)
- Fact sheet 6 – Case studies for water quality achievements (PDF - 532.17 KB)
- Fact sheet 7 – Evaluating the outcomes (PDF - 1018.88 KB)
- Fact sheet 8 – Overview of the National Water Quality Management Strategy (PDF - 343.88 KB)
- Regional Water Questionnaire (PDF - 155.17 KB)
- Evaluation Framework for the Better Water Workshop Series 2008 (PDF - 3.15 MB)
An international services company, GHD, in conjunction with Total Catchment Management Services, has been engaged by the Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts (DEWHA) to deliver a series of National Water Quality Management Strategy (NWQMS) workshops, across Australia from June 2008 to October 2008.
The workshops, to be known as the Better Water Workshop Series are to be held across 20 Natural Resource Management regions. The workshops aim to support further implementation of the NWQMS by assisting regions to build their capacity in water quality management and establish, and build on existing, networks with stakeholders in the region.
The GHD consultant team will work with Regional Natural Resource Management Organisations, River Health Coordinators, and State and Territory agencies to identify key water quality issues, needs and suitable case studies for inclusion in the workshop program. The workshops will include participants from the entire spectrum of agencies and community and industry groups with a stake in improved water quality management.