Fuel Standard (Petrol) Determination 2001 and the Fuel Standard (Automotive Diesel) Determination 2001
Regulation Impact Statement
Environment Australia, 2001
AATSE (1997) Urban Air Pollution in Australia, Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Melbourne, October 1997.
ACEA/AAMA/JAMA/EMA (1998) World Wide Fuel Charter, European Automobile Manufacturers' Association / American Automobile Manufacturers' Association / Japan Automobile Manufacturers' Association / Engine Manufacturers Association, December 1998.
Apace Research, 1998. Intensive Field Trial of Ethanol/Petrol Blend in Vehicles - Executive Summary, ERDC Project No 2511.
Australian Institute of Petroleum (AIP), 1999a, Statistical Review 1998, Victoria.
Australian Institute of Petroleum (AIP), 1999b, Australian Refinery Product Characteristics.
ANOP Research Services (1993) Community attitudes to environmental issues, Report prepared for Commonwealth Department of Environment, Sport and Territories.
Auto-Oil Programme (1995) Informal briefing: The Auto-Oil Programme, Brussels, 21 March 1995.
Ballantyne, V (1995) Particulates and other motor vehicle emissions, Clean Air Society Seminar: Health Effects of Particulates, Brisbane, 8 December 1995.
BTCE (Bureau of Transport and Communications Economics) (1994) Alternative Fuels in Australian Transport, Bureau of Transport and Communications Economics Information Paper No. 39, AGPS, Canberra, 1994.
- (1995) Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Australian Transport - Long Term Projections, Bureau of Transport and Communications Economics Report 88, p.216, Canberra, March 1995.
California Air Resources Board (1998) Proposed Identification of Diesel Exhaust as a Toxic Air contaminant, Staff Report, California Air Resources Board, Office of Environmental Health Assessment, California, June 1998.
- (1994) Leaflet on the Toxic Air Contaminant Identification Process: Diesel Exhaust, California Air Resources Board, Sacramento California USA, June 1994.
Carnovale, F., Alviano, P., Carvlaho, C., Deitch, G., Jiang, S., Macaulay, D. & Summers, M. (1991) Air Emissions Inventory of the Port Phillip Control Region: Planning for the Future, Environment Protection Authority of Victoria, Melbourne, Victoria.
Clean Air 2000 (1997) Monitor of Public Attitudes in Clean Air 2000 Campaign Report, Sydney, 1997.
Commission of the European Communities, 1998, Proposal for a Council Directive relating to limit values for benzene and carbon monoxide in ambient air (1999/c 53/07) Off. J. Europ. Comm. 24.2.99.
Commonwealth of Australia 1992 National Strategy for Ecologically Sustainable Development, Commonwealth of Australia, AGPS, Canberra.
- (1996) Sustainable Energy Policy for Australia, Commonwealth of Australia, Green Paper, Canberra, in AATSE, 1997.
Coffey Partners (1996) Parameter projections for the reviews of ADR 37/01 and ADR 70/00 by ACVEN, report prepared for Department of Transport, Federal Office of Road Safety, Hawthorn, Victoria.
Coffey Geosciences Pty Ltd, Review of Fuel Quality Requirements for Australian Transport, report prepared for Environment Australia, March 2000
Concawe (1995) Motor vehicle emission regulations and fuel specifications in Europe and the United States, 1995 Update, Concawe, Brussels.
- (1996) Air quality standard for particulate matter, Concawe Health Management Group, Brussels.
- (1997) Motor vehicle emission regulations and fuel specifications in Europe and the United States, 1997 Update, Concawe, Brussels.
- (1998) A Study of the Number, size and Mass of Exhaust Particles Emitted from European Diesel and Gasoline Vehicles under Steady-state and European Driving Cycle Conditions, Report No 98/51, Brussels, February 1998.
Denison, L., and Chiodo, J. (1996) Respirable Particles in Australia: Current Issues and Future Directions, paper presented at 13th International Clean Air & Environment Conference, Adelaide, 1996.
Department of Finance, Handbook of Cost-Benefit Analysis, Australian Government Publishing Service, 1991.
Department of Industry, Science and Resources (1999) Downstream Petroleum Products Action Agenda, Commonwealth of Australia.
Department of Transport and Regional Services (1999) Regulatory Impact Statement - New Australian Design Rules for Control of Vehicle Emissions.
European Commission (1991) Council Directive 91/542/EEC Amending Directive 88/77/EEC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the measures to be taken against the emissions of gaseous pollutants from diesel engines for use in vehicles, Official Journal of the European Communities, No. L295/1, 25 October 1991.
- (1996a) Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on a future strategy for the control of atmospheric emissions from road transport taking into account the results from the Auto/Oil Programme (COM(96) 248 final), 18 June 1997, Brussels
- (1996b), Proposal for a Directive on the Quality of Petrol and Diesel Fuels, in Europe Energy No 476, 26 September 1996
- (1997) Resolution on the communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on a future strategy for the control of atmospheric emissions from road transport taking into account the results from the Auto/Oil Programme (COM(96)0248-C4-0492/96), Official Journal of the European Communities, No C132/206, 28 April 1997.
Environmental Protection (Diesel and Petrol) Regulations 1999 - (Western Australia) Environmental Protection Act 1986.
European Parliament, 1997, Report on the proposal for a European Parliament and Council Directive on the quality of petrol and diesel fuels and amending Council Directive 93/12/EEC COM(96)0248-C4-0462/96-96/0163(COD).
EPEFE (1995) European Program on Emissions, Fuels and Engine Technologies Report, ACEA / Europia.
FORS (1997) LPG In-service Vehicle Emissions Study- Supplementary Report No.1 to Motor Vehicle Pollution In Australia Report, report prepared by the NSW Environment Protection Authority for the Federal Office of Road Safety and Environment Australia, May 1997.
Grant, L.D., Graham, J.A., Kotchmar, D.J. & Tilton, B.E. (1993) Health effects of motor vehicle related criteria air pollutants, International workshop on human health and environmental effects of motor vehicle fuels and their exhaust emissions, Sydney
Hensley, M (1996) Health and air Research Program - Main Findings in Proceedings of the Health and Urban Air Quality in NSW Conference, NSW Department of Health and NSW EPA, Sydney, 3-4 June 1996.
James, B. (1994) Perth Photochemical Smog Study: Motor Vehicle Emission Inventory, WA Department of Transport, Nedlands, WA.
Le Cornu, J and Day, B (1998) LPG is the Best Solution when Optimising Greenhouse, Clean Air and Buses, Seminar Presentation, Canberra, July 1998.
Manufacturers of Emission Controls Association (1996), Emission Control of Diesel-Fuelled Vehicles, Washington, DC September 1996.
Morgan, G., Corbett, S. and Wlodarczyk, J. (1998) Air Pollution and Hospital Admissions in Sydney, Australia, 1990 to 1994, American Journal of Public Health, December 1998, Vol 88. No12.
NEPC (National Environment Protection Council), 1998, Ambient Air Quality - National Environment Protection Measure and Revised Impact Statement for Ambient Air Quality, 26 June 1998, National Environment Protection Council Service Corporation.
NRMA: Clean Air 2000 Taskforce (1996a) Monitor of public attitudes: Air quality and the car 1996, NRMA Ltd, Sydney.
- (1996b) Shaping Sydney's Transport: A framework for reform: Discussion paper, NRMA Ltd, Sydney.
NSW EPA (1994) Who cares about the environment? A benchmark survey of the environmental knowledge, skills attitudes and behaviour of the people of NSW, NSW Environment Protection Authority, Sydney.
- (1996a) Developing a Smog Action Plan for Sydney, the Illawarra and the Lower Hunter, NSW Government Green Paper, Chatswood, NSW.
- (1996b) Developing an Air Quality Management Plan for Sydney, the Illawarra and the Lower Hunter, Chatswood, NSW.
- (1996c) Metropolitan Air Quality Study: Outcomes and Implications for Managing Air Quality, NSW.
- (1998) Action for the Air: the NSW Government's 25 Year Air Quality Management Plan, February 1998.
- (1999) Preliminary Economic Analysis of Adopting New Vehicle Emission Standards, Economics and Environmental Reporting Branch, NSW EPA, April 1999.
Prime Minister (1997), The Hon John Howard MP, Statement Safeguarding the Future' Australia's Response to Climate Change, 20 November 1997
Prime Minister, May 1999, The Hon John Howard MP, Letter to Senator Meg Lees, Changes to the Goods and Services Tax (GST) including Measures for a Better Environment, Costing of Commonwealth and States Measures, 31 May 1999.
Pope, C et al (1995) Am J Respir Crit Care Med 151 669-674.
QDOE (1998) Draft Strategy for Managing Air Quality in South-East Queensland, Queensland Department of the Environment, February 1998.
Reid, A (1997) Air Pollution, Do We Have a Problem ?, paper presented to seminar Air Pollution and Health - the Facts, Canberra, 10 November 1997.
Roads and Traffic Authority - RTA (1994) Submission to the NSW Parliamentary Select Committee Upon Vehicle Emissions, RTA, Sydney.
Sivak, A. (1993) Characterisation and health effects of gasoline and exhaust emissions, International workshop on human health and environmental effects of motor vehicle fuels and their exhaust emissions, Sydney 6-10/4/92, International Programme on Chemical Safety, Department of Health, Housing, Local Government and Community Services, and the Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand, pp 101-173.
SoE (1996) Australia: State of the Environment 1996, Independent Report by the State of the Environment Advisory Council to the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment, CSIRO Publishing, Collingwood, Victoria.
Standards Australia, 1990, Australian Standard for Petrol (gasoline) for motor vehicles, AS 1876-1990, Standards Australia, North Sydney, NSW.
Standards Australia, 1998, Australian Standard for Automotive Diesel Fuel, AS 3570 - 1998, Standards Australia, North Sydney, NSW.
US EPA (1996) Air Quality Criteria for Particulate Matter:v1, environmental Criteria and Assessment, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Victorian Environment Protection Authority - Vic EPA(1993) Annual Report 1992-3, Vic EPA, Melbourne.
- (1994) Victorian Transport Externalities Study: Volume 4, Vic EPA, Melbourne.
- (1995) Victorian State of the Environment Report, Vic EPA, Melbourne.
- (1999) Air Emissions Inventory - Port Phillip Region
- (2000) Draft Air Quality Improvement Plan, Port Phillip Region, Victorian Environment Protection Authority, Melbourne.
WA DEP (1996) The Perth Haze Study 1994-96 - Summary and Major Findings, Department of Environmental Protection, Perth, November 1996