For media and artists


We welcome everyone’s interest in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park - there are plenty of stories to tell. Please be aware that Uluru has great spiritual significance to traditional owners and some sites should not be filmed or photographed. Details are in the Guidelines for Commercial Image Capture, Use and Commercial Sound Recording below.

All commercial film crews, still photographers, artists and sound recordists will need a permit to carry out commercial activities in the park. A commercial permit is also required to use an existing image of the park for a commercial purpose. This also applies to media outlets. Click here to view the existing images available for download with permit approval.

Download this application form and the guidelines to apply for a permit to conduct commercial filming, videoing, photography or art in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park or to use an image of the park for a commercial purpose.

If you are covering 'news of the day' you may not need a permit. ‘News of the day’ is declared by the Director of National Parks from time to time when there is a fire or similar emergency event. It doesn’t include general items about events or the park. You must contact the park on +61 (0) 8 8956 1113 or the central media team on +61 (0) 2 6274 1643 to see if this applies to you.