For media and artists

 Commercial filming, photography or artwork permit

We welcome everyone’s interest in Christmas Island - there are plenty of stories to tell. All commercial film crews, still photographers, artists and sound recorders will need to apply for a permit to carry out commercial work in the park.

If the story has been deemed ‘news of the day’ by the park manager, news media are not required to have a permit.  A commercial permit may be required to use an existing image of the park for a commercial purpose. This also applies to media outlets. Click here to view the existing images available for download.

Please check with the park on 08 9164 8700 or the Parks Australia media team if this applies to you.

Use this form to apply for a permit to conduct commercial filming, photography or art in Christmas Island National Park.

Commercial filming, photography or artwork permit application form (PDF - 24.49 KB) | (DOC - 34 KB)