Identification of key water quality data for Ranger uranium mine
Internal Report 442
Iles M, Camilleri C & Pilley R
Supervising Scientist Division
About the report
This report has been prepared in response to a recommendation from the Alligator Rivers Region Technical Committee’s (ARRTC) 11th meeting (17–19 February 2003), to provide information on assessing and quantifying contaminant movement through surface water (and possibly groundwater) pathways in the waters of Magela Creek upstream and downstream of Ranger uranium mine.
The aims of this report are as follows:
- Identify all major water chemistry data collections from stakeholders
- Assess the quality of the data sets for use in further environmental protection and risk assessment modelling
- Clean up any data sets that are not in suitable format
- Enter all data into SSD Explorer and identify how to access it
- Prepare detailed site map of Energy Resources Australia (ERA) Ranger Mine identifying key sites for water release into Magela Creek, both upstream and downstream of the mine
Results and interpretation of the Risk Assessment evaluation performed using the data identified here will be reported elsewhere.