The Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities released the National Television and Computer Product Stewardship Scheme: Consultation Paper on Proposed Regulations for public comment on 8 March 2011.
Submissions closed on 8 April 2011 and 62 submissions have been received. Copies of submissions and a summary of the matters that were raised can be found below. Feedback on the consultation paper is being considered in the preparation of the Regulations for the Scheme.
The Department would like to thank all those who provided submissions.
- Analysis of Submissions on the National Television and Computer Product Stewardship Scheme Consultation Paper on Proposed Regulations (PDF - 1997KB) | (Word - 1374KB)
- Consultation paper and public meeting presentation
The public consultation process included a consultation paper and a series of public meetings. The objectives of the consultation process were to:
- Ensure the government has a comprehensive understanding of potential impacts and implications associated with the proposed regulations.
- Gather and use stakeholder feedback to ensure the design and operation of the proposed regulations is appropriate.
- Improve awareness and expectations among stakeholders of Scheme, especially for those who will have obligations under the proposed regulations.
Public meetings, attended by more than 300 people, were held from 15 March to 4 April 2011 in all capital cities and selected regional areas (Ballina, Bendigo and Townsville). These meetings provided an opportunity for attendees to seek clarification and provide feedback on the proposed Regulations. An opportunity was also provided to individuals and organisations to hold face-to-face meetings with Australian Government officials and 32 of these meetings were held.
You can download a copy of the presentation that was given at the public meetings below:
- Consultation on Proposed Regulations (PDF - 376KB) - presentation given at public meetings
Public meetings were held in the following capital cities and regional areas:
|Tues 15 March 2011||Brisbane|
|Wed 16 March 2011||Sydney|
|Thurs 17 March 2011||Melbourne|
|Fri 18 March 2011||Bendigo, VIC|
|Mon 21 March 2011||Canberra|
|Fri 25 March 2011||Hobart|
|Fri 25 March 2011||Ballina, NSW|
|Wed 30 March 2011||Perth|
|Wed 30 March 2011||Adelaide|
|Fri 1 April 2011||Darwin|
|Mon 4 April 2011||Townsville, Qld|
Responsibility for copyright in submissions resides with the author(s), not with the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities.
Some submissions have been supplied in confidence and have not been posted. If you have concerns about published material, please email email@example.com.
Formats and accessibility
The department has made every effort to ensure submissions provided are as accessible as possible. If you have difficulty accessing the information provided and need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.