This is an issue under the Australian Antarctic Territory theme of the Data Reporting System.
In order to assess the effectiveness of responses to conserve heritage sites and collections in or associated with Australia's Antarctic Territory, it is important to know what those responses are.
- AATH-16 Development and implementation of management plans
This indicator tells us what heritage management plans have been developed for Australia's Antarctic Territory.
- AATH-17 Sites protection through listing
This indicator tells us what sites have been listed for protection as a mechanism for conserving heritage sites in Australia's Antarctic Territory.
- AATH-18 On-site surveys
This indicator tells us what on-site surveys have been undertaken to assess the condition of heritage sites in Australia's Antarctic Territory and to also assess what action is required to conserve these sites. On site surveys are important in that they are required to assess what condition sites are in and what action is required conserve these sites.
- AATH-19 Listings in the Antarctic Heritage Register
This indicator tells us what artefacts within and outside of Australias Antarctic Territory have been catalogued.
- NCH-10 Funding provided to heritage and other agencies for historic heritage places
This indicator provides a measure of the extent of response to protecting and maintaining heritage values in a range of places, including Antarctic heritage places.
- NCH-12 Funding provided to heritage and other agencies for heritage collections
This indicator provides a measure of the extent of response to protecting and maintaining heritage values in a range of collections, including Antarctic collections.
- NCH-13 Changes in heritage legislation
Changes in natural heritage legislation is one example of Government action on landscape protection. Legislation should help protect Australia's Antarctic cultural heritage as well as heritage within the Australian continent.
- Australian Antarctic Territory - Cultural heritage aspects - Condition of heritage sites and collections
- Australian Antarctic Territory - Cultural heritage aspects - Pressures and risks on heritage sites and collections
- Natural and Cultural Heritage - Knowledge of heritage - Listing processes, number and distribution of identified heritage items (places and objects)
Links to another web site
Links to data in the DRS
Opens a pop-up window