Annual fuel usage of generator sets and boilers - Australian Antarctic stations
Source: Australian Antarctic Division 2006, Search Data, viewed 9 Nov 2006, http://aadc-maps.aad.gov.au/aadc/soe/search_data.cfm?soe_id=56
The underlying data shows the typical season variation of fuel consumption throughout a year relating to heating requirements during the colder months. The charts show that consumption has decreased at Mawson as a result of the decommissioning of the old station buildings and improvements in building heating and ventilation initiated by the Building Monitoring and Control System.
Fuel consumption has been stable at Davis, while Casey consumption has fluctuated.
Australian Antarctic Territory - Environment - Human Pressures on the environment
This indicator is a measure of the amount of fuel used in generator sets and boilers at the stations. The amount of fuel used contributes to environmental impact of human activities through emissions released.
Other indicators for this issue:
- AAT-17 Types and concentrations of long range pollutants from outside Antarctica reaching Antarctica
- AAT-18 Annual tourist ship visits and tourist numbers
- AAT-19 Annual catch in tonnes of marine species harvested in Australian Antarctic and sub-Antarctic waters - legal and illegal
- AAT-20 Fishing by-catch numbers and/or weight taken as bycatch
- AAT-21 Station and ship person days
- AAT-22 Wastewater - biological oxygen demand of wastewater discharged
- AAT-24 Annual incinerator fuel usage
- AAT-25 Annual total of fuel used by vehicles
- AAT-26 Annual total potable water consumption
- AAT-27 Volume of runoffs and pollutants/emissions from stations
- CO-16 Status of Australian fisheries
- CO-17 Change in species and trophic structure of fish species caught
- CO-19 Estimated tonnage taken by illegal fishing; estimated number of illegal boats, estimated number of individuals of threatened species taken
- CO-21 Non-target effects: Number and/or weight taken as bycatch, and change since introduction of exclusion devices
Links to another web site
Links to data in the DRS
Opens a pop-up window