Marcus B Lane, Geographical and Environmental Studies, The University of Adelaide
prepared for the 2006 Australian State of the Environment Committee, 2006
This document was commissioned for the 2006 Australian State of the Environment Committee. This and other commissioned documents support the Committee's Report but are not part of it.
- Issue 1: Is the ‘region’ the appropriate scale for NRM?
- Issue 2: Will civic regionalism be more effective?
- Issue 3: Can regional boards deliver?
- Issue 4: Will civic regionalism be more efficient?
- Issue 5: Will regional-scale governance be more integrative?
- Issue 6: Will civic regionalism enable better-informed management?
- Issue 7: Is civic regionalism more democratic?
- Issue 8: Is civic regionalism empowering?
- The way forward
Mr Bruce Lloyd, Bunbartha Victoria
Mr Michael Muston, Muston and Associates, Fairy Meadow NSW
Lane M 2006, ‘Critical issues in regional natural resource management’, paper prepared for the 2006 Australian State of the Environment Committee, Department of the Environment and Heritage, Canberra, < http://www.deh.gov.au/soe/2006/integrative/nrm-issues/index.html>
Links to another web site
Links to data in the DRS
Opens a pop-up window