Featured content, part of a carousel. Controls are above the content.
Biodiversity is the variety of all life forms on earth - the different plants, animals and micro-organisms and the ecosystems of which they are a part.
Conservation of Australia's biodiversity
- Australia's Biodiversity Conservation Strategy
- Australia's Native Vegetation Framework
- Biodiversity conservation
- International role
Find out about our unique biodiversity
Science and research
Conservation under the EPBC Act
- Threatened species & ecological communities
- Invasive species
- Migratory species
- Wildlife trade & conservation
More biodiversity initiatives
The Australian Government's Plan for a Cleaner Environment - Clean Air, Clean Land, Clean Water and National Heritage - will help realise the vision of a great society by protecting and improving our environment for future generations.