Wildlife trade permits for Household pets
Use these forms to apply to export or import household pets.
How to apply
1. Complete the application form and Supplementary Form E.
2. Compile and attach supporting documents.
Please ensure that, where applicable, you attach copies of:
- evidence that you are an Australian resident (for example, Australian passport, driving licence, residency visa, Australian electricity or telephone bill, tenancy agreement)
- evidence you have acquired and owned your pet legally (for example, purchase receipt, pedigree documents, council or state government licence)
- evidence showing the animal is a bona fide household pet and has not been acquired for the purpose of export or import (for example, photographs of the animal in the home environment, veterinary bills, statements by friends or relatives)
- evidence that you are leaving Australia indefinitely (for example, letter of employment, tenancy agreement, residency visa).
3. Sign the forms.
4. Make a copy of all documents for your records.
5. Attach payment to your application. Please post the payment details with your application form. You can pay the fees by credit card (Bankcard, MasterCard or Visa), cheque or money order. Cheques and money orders should be made payable to the 'Collector of Public Monies'.
6. Lodge your application
You can fax this application, and supporting documents, to the number on the application form, but certificates will not be issued until the application fee has been received.
Please note that if you are paying by credit card, a faxed copy of your application and supporting documentation is enough - you do not have to send the original by post.
For more information about permits contact:
Wildlife Trade Regulation Section
Department of the Environment
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Telephone: (02) 6274 1900
Facsimile: (02) 6274 1921