Application for assessment as a recognised zoological organisation for the purposes import and export of wildlife to and from Australia
- Application for assessment as a recognised zoological organisation for the purposes of import and export of wildlife to and from Australia (PDF - 222.13 KB) | (DOC - 107.5 KB)
This is not a permit application form.
This form may need to be completed by some zoological organisations prior to a permit application for the import or export of CITES species and Australian native species.
Only organisations that are open to the general public for the primary, but not necessarily exclusive purpose of educational exhibition of wildlife, can apply to import or export CITES species and Australian native species. If you are unsure whether this form applies to your situation please contact the department.
- This form should be used by:
- Australian zoological organisations that have not previously applied successfully for permits to import or export wildlife
- A zoological organisation that has opened in the past five years
- A zoological organisation that has been established for some time but is now under new management
- Overseas zoological organisations with no previous history of importing from Australia.
Note: the term zoo is used throughout this form to denote any zoological organisations, including zoological gardens, aquaria and wildlife parks.
- There are severe penalties for knowingly making false or misleading statements in this application.
- Applications that are incomplete or contain insufficient information cannot be assessed. Delays will occur whilst further information is sought from the applicant.
- If you need further information or assistance in completing the application, please phone, fax or email Wildlife Trade Assessments.
Where to send permits
Permit applications, fees and all supporting documentation should be sent to:
International Wildlife Trade
Department of the Environment
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: (02) 6274 1921
Telephone: (02) 6274 1900