Used oil recycling
Product Stewardship for Oil Program
The Product Stewardship for Oil Program (PSO) was introduced by the Australian Government in 2001 to provide incentives to increase used oil recycling. The Program aims to encourage the environmentally sustainable management and re-refining of used oil and its re-use.
What can you do?
By pouring your used oil back into an empty oil container and taking it to your local used oil facility for recycling, you are helping to conserve a valuable resource and protect the environment.
Find out more:
Where can you recycle your used oil?
- Contact your local council or check the council's website for information about your nearest used oil facility.
- Fact sheet - Used motor oil - a valuable resource
- Fact sheet - Why we should recycle used motor oil
- Annual reports
- Second Independent Review of the Product Stewardship (Oil) Act 2000 - Final Report 2008
- Independent Review of the Product Stewardship (Oil) Act 2000 - May 2004
- Independent Review of the Transitional Assistance Element of the Product Stewardship for Oil (PSO) Program - March 2004
- Product Stewardship Arrangements for Oil Administrative Guidelines - 2001 (amended 2005)
- Archived publications