Victorian Eel Fishery - Agency submission 2004
« Victorian Eel Fishery
Environmental assessment under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Assessment of the ecological sustainability of the Victorian Eel Fishery (PDF - 914 KB)
- Draft - Victorian Eel Fishery Bycatch Action Plan (PDF - 674 KB)
- Draft - Victorian Protocol for the Translocation of Eels (PDF - 257 KB)
Note: the covers for the above documents were updated 27 June 2003. The content for all documents have not been changed and are identical to the original documents.
- Victorian Eel Fishery Management Plan - Complete (PDF - 1933 KB)
- Victorian Eel Fishery Management Plan - Part 1 (PDF - 729 KB)
- Victorian Eel Fishery Management Plan - Part 2 (PDF - 1204 KB)
About the submission
To satisfy the Commonwealth Government requirements for a demonstrably ecologically sustainable fishery, the eel fishery must operate under a management regime that meets Principles 1 and 2 of Department of the Environment and Heritage's guidelines for ecologically sustainable fisheries management under the EPBC Act.