Jurien Commonwealth Marine Reserve
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MARINE USERS
Transitional arrangements for new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserve estate
From the declaration of Commonwealth marine reserves in November 2012 until management plans come into effect in July 2014, transitional arrangements apply.
- Under the transitional arrangements, there are NO CHANGES ON THE WATER for users of new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserves estate.
- NOTE: There are no changes to management arrangements in the marine reserves that existed prior to the establishment of the new reserves, that is, the same restrictions on activities will continue to apply even where those reserves have been incorporated into new reserves.
15–220 m (approx.)
|Types of zoning||
Marine National Park Zone (IUCN Category II)–31 km2
Major conservation values
- Important foraging areas for the:
- threatened soft-plumaged petrel
- threatened Australian sea lion
- threatened white shark
- migratory roseate tern, bridled tern, wedge-tailed shearwater, and common noddy
- Important migration habitat for the protected humpback whale
- Examples of the ecosystems of two provincial bioregions: the central part of the South-west Shelf Transition (which includes the Central West Coast meso-scale bioregion) and small parts of the Central Western Province
- One key ecological feature :
- western rock lobster habitat (species with an important ecological role).
- Heritage values represented by the SS Cambewarra historic shipwreck