Twilight Commonwealth Marine Reserve
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MARINE USERS
Transitional arrangements for new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserve estate
From the declaration of Commonwealth marine reserves in November 2012 until management plans come into effect in July 2014, transitional arrangements apply.
- Under the transitional arrangements, there are NO CHANGES ON THE WATER for users of new areas added to the Commonwealth marine reserves estate.
- NOTE: There are no changes to management arrangements in the marine reserves that existed prior to the establishment of the new reserves, that is, the same restrictions on activities will continue to apply even where those reserves have been incorporated into new reserves.
<15-70 m (approx.)
|Types of zoning||
Marine National Park Zone (IUCN Category II)–4641 km2
Major conservation values
- Important seasonal calving habitat for the threatened southern right whale
- Habitats surrounding important haul-out site for the threatened Australian sea lion
- Important foraging areas for the:
- threatened white shark
- migratory flesh-footed shearwater
- Examples of the westernmost ecosystems of the Great Australian Bight Shelf Transition (including examples of the Eucla meso-scale bioregion)
- Increased connectivity of highly protected shelf ecosystems and representation of the south coast continental shelf environments.