Independent Report to the Commonwealth Minister for the Environment and Heritage
Australian State of the Environment Committee, Authors
CSIRO Publishing on behalf of the Department of the Environment and Heritage, 2001
ISBN 0 643 06745 0
On this page
- Figure 2 - Australia's marine area.
- Figure 4 - Rainfall trends in Australia from 1910 to 1999.
- Figure 7 - Projected mean annual temperature changes for 2030 and 2070.
- Figure 8 - Projected rainfall changes for 2030 and 2070.
- Figure 13 - Projected changes in population density by Interim Biogeographic Regionalisation for Australia (IBRA) region.
- Figure 15 - NOAA images of 'flush difference' for 1993-94 and 1989-99 showing the difference in amount of seasonal greening between El Nio and La Nia years, respectively.
- Figure 16 - Location of forests, according to type, showing regions covered by RFAs.
- Figure 17 - Estimates of continental sheet erosion based on 1997 land use distributions, 1990 to 1999 (normalised vegetation difference index, NDVI) seasonal greenness and rainfall regimes.
- Figure 18 - Dust storm index with 300 and 500 mm median rainfall lines, and accelerated erosion index for 1996 to 1999.
- Figure 19 - Forecasted areas of high risk (predicted) or hazard (estimated) of dryland salinity by 2050 in Australia.
- Figure 20 - Indicative surface water development status.
- Figure 21 - Groundwater development status.
- Figure 24 - Summary of AusRivAS bioassessment results for all river sites surveyed in Queensland.
- Figure 26 - Area of native vegetation cleared in Queensland between 1997 and 1999 by subregion (indicative map only).
- Figure 27 - Dryland salinity risk in south-west Western Australia 2000.
- Figure 28 - Mapping of the degree of native vegetation fragmentation (indicative map only), by IBRA regions.
- Figure 29 - The River Disturbance Index.
- Figure 30 - Number of marine invasive species per Interim Marine and Coastal Regionalisation for Australia (IMCRA) including the endemic Crown-of-Thorns Starfish (Acanthaster planci).
- Figure 31 - Number of terrestrial non-Indigenous vertebrate and invertebrate invasive species per IBRA based on a list of around 30 species considered to have a major effect in Australia.
- Figure 32 - Conservation status of IBRA in 2000 showing the percentage area reserved in each region.
- Figure 33 - Location of Australia's World Heritage properties at December 2000.
- Figure 34 - Distribution of all places listed on the Register of the National Estate 2000.
- Figure 35 - Places added to the Register of the National Estate from 1996 to 2000.
- Figure 38 - Change in population density, Sydney, 1981 to 1996.
- Australian land cover 1999 to 2000
- Satellite image of sediment plume extending 50 km from the mouth of the Gascoyne River two weeks after a major cyclone
- Atmosphere Theme Report Maps
- Biodiversity Theme Report Maps
- Coasts and Oceans Theme Report Maps
- Human Settlements Theme Report Maps
- Inland Waters Theme Report Maps
- Land Theme Report Maps
- Natural and Cultural Heritage Theme Report Maps