Australian Government Water Leadership
MACHINERY OF GOVERNMENT CHANGES
On 21 September 2015, responsibility for water policy and resources was transferred to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources - Administrative Arrangement Order made on 21 September 2015.
This website will be updated to reflect these changes.
Australia faces major challenges in ensuring sustainable water supply in the face of drying climate and rising demand for water. In response, the Australian Government's provides national leadership in water reform for all Australians.
- Rural Water
- Water in our environment
- Water in cities and towns
- What drives Water reform in Australia
- Community input to Government decisions
- Legislation and Water Reform - The Water Act 2007
- Securing our Water Future - details the roles and responsibilities of Australian Government agencies involved in water reform - 2010