Water Amendment Regulations 2010
The Australian Government has developed the Water Amendment Regulations 2010 to enhance the coverage of the water charge rules in the Murray-Darling Basin. The regulations deal with the definition of a bulk water charge and the list of regulated water charges as provided for under subsection 4(1) and paragraph 91(1)(d) of the Water Act 2007.
The purpose of the water charge rules is to promote efficient water pricing and sustainable use of water resources and water infrastructure across the Basin.
The regulations will ensure a more consistent approach to regulating water charges across the Basin for the benefit of water users and providers.
The regulations and an explanatory statement are available on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
Submissions on the Draft Water Amendment Regulations
The following submissions were received throughout March and April 2009:
- Queensland Government Department of Environment and Resource Management (PDF - 42 KB) | (Word - 227 KB)
- Victorian Government Department of Sustainability and Environment (PDF - 44 KB) | (Word - 49 KB)
- New South Wales Government Department of Water and Energy (PDF - 26 KB) | (RTF - 3.86 MB)
- South Australian Government Department of Water, Land and Biodiversity Conservation (PDF - 13 KB) | (RTF - 10 KB)
- Murrumbidgee Private Irrigators Inc (PDF - 44 KB) | (Word - 46 KB)
- National Farmers' Federation | (RTF - 3.5 MB)
- NSW Irrigators' Council (PDF - 60 KB) | (RTF - 724 KB)
- Queensland Farmers' Federation (PDF - 84 KB) | (RTF - 1.5 MB)
- Western Murray Irrigation Limited (PDF - 59 KB) | (Word - 62 KB)