Commonwealth Environmental Water Office 2012-2013 Business Plan
This business plan has been prepared to support the management of Commonwealth environmental water during 2012-13.
We welcome your views on the 2012-13 business plan. Please forward your comments to email@example.com.
About the business plan
The Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder (CEWH) is supported in meeting statutory obligations by the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (the Department). The relevant functions are set out in Part 6 of the Water Act 2007 (Cth) (the Act):
- manage the Commonwealth environmental water holdings
- administer the Environmental Water Holdings Special Account.
The business plan will guide 2012-13 activities so that we deliver efficient management of the Commonwealth's environmental water, so as to maximise environmental outcomes, and meet obligations under the Act and other relevant legislation. This plan builds on business plans prepared in previous years.
The plan provides an overview for 2012-13, including priority activities and addresses:
- achieving environmental outcomes
- institutional arrangements and external relationships
- financial management and accountability