City of Unley Stormwater projects
MACHINERY OF GOVERNMENT CHANGES
On 21 September 2015, responsibility for water policy and resources was transferred to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources - Administrative Arrangement Order made on 21 September 2015.
This website will be updated to reflect these changes.
About the project:
Project location: Adelaide, South Australia
Funding recipients: City of Unley
Total Australian Government funding: $2,558,000 (GST exclusive)
Water savings: up to 98 ML/yr
The project will install stormwater harvesting and reuse infrastructure at various sites across the City of Unley, which when complete, will save up to 98 megalitres per year (ML/yr) of potable water.
- Provide a sustainable water supply for Council's Parks and Reserves by supplying up to 98 ML/yr of stormwater.
- Return the Council's open space to pre-drought conditions.
- Reduce the potential for flooding within Unley.
- Reduce the impact of urban runoff on water quality in receiving waters.
- Provide an alternative source of water for Council urban forest.
The project is due for completion by June 2013.
Details of these projects can be located on the City of Unley website