Integrated Water Resource Management in the South East of South Australia
South East of South Australia
Australian Government Funding: $6,249,000
About the project
The project has assisted the South Australian Government to meet its groundwater assessment objectives under the National Water Initiative by improving the management of groundwater resources across the South East of South Australia. This has been achieved through: enhanced groundwater resource assessments, monitoring and accounting across the region; support for an integrated regional resource management approach; and implementation of best practices in irrigation management. The project has established volumetric allocations in the South East through the installation of telemetry systems.
The project assists the sustainable management of water resources across the South East region of South Australia by:
- providing a mechanism to determine resource sustainability
- establishing an effective water accounting system
- implementing and demonstrating best practice in irrigation management.
The project is now complete and the final reports are available below:
- Integrated Water Resource Management in the South East of South Australia Audit report (PDF - 662 KB)
- Developing Adaptive groundwater management arrangements for the South East of South Australia (PDF - 2,453 KB)
- Improved Estimates of Groundwater recharge in the South East of South Australia (PDF - 4,119 KB)
- Tatiara Pilot Adaptive Management Groundwater Flow Model (PDF - 7,835 KB)
- Measurement and evaluation of key groundwater discharge sites in the Lower South East of South Australia (PDF - 1,982 KB)