The water cycle is one of the most important natural processes that sustains human life and the natural environment. The water cycle works on two key processes: evaporation and condensation. But it is more complicated than that!
The key concept of the water cycle investigates the many processes involved in the natural water cycle, such as:
- What are clouds and how are they formed?
- What happens when water falls from the clouds and lands on the ground? Where does it go?
- Where does groundwater come from?
- How are the mountains, rivers and oceans connected?
Select a key concept from the list below to use our guided key concepts search
- Human water use, activities and perceptions
- Water use by business
- Water supply and infrastructure
- Catchment and water quality
- Water conservation
- Water and government