Coorong District Council
About the project
The Coorong District Council includes the Ramsar listed Coorong and Lower Murray Lakes. The Coorong District Local Action Plan was produced in 1997 and updated in 2000.Â The plan covers issues such as; dryland salinity, wind and water erosion, biodiversity decline, pest plants and animals, and groundwater, however the Plan needs to be updated to cover:
- climate change;
- water availability;
- new environmental programs (eg. Habitat 141°, Nature-links); and
- the changes in institutional arrangement such as; Acts, new funding programs and Departmental arrangements.
Key measurables will be if:
- the Plan has been used successfully to attract funding to identify the key activities/actions;
- the Plan has been used successfully to form the partnerships identified in the key activities/actions;
- key activities/actions are being delivered on ground; and
- there has been ongoing landholder, group and agency participation.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Coorong District Council directly on 08 8572 3611.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.