Griffith City Council
About the project
The Griffith & Villages water savings project will reduce overall demand on the potable water system by:
- reducing losses by a completing leak detection programme of the entire water distribution network, covering 100 per cent of metered services;
- reducing demand through pressure reduction as well as monitoring system flows;
- proactive household demand management with subsidised labour and materials for installing water saving devices and basic repair maintenance; and
- a public water wise education program.
- reduced demand on potable water;
- efficiency gains through leak detection and repair;
- managing demand through pressure reduction and proactive household demand management; and
- an estimated saving of 2.8 per cent from 2008 usage levels.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Griffith City Council directly on 02 6962 8100.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.