Hay Shire Council
About the project
Council is concerned about the impacts on water supply from the Murrumbidgee resulting from climate change and/or continuation of drought. Any reduction in supply will impact on their ability to maintain the water supply service and will further impact on agricultural productivity. Council is also concerned that such reductions will impact on their ability to maintain our open space areas and sporting facilities.
The Project will involve:
- development of a Drought Management Plan;
- preparation of a Demand Management Strategy;
- updating our Financial Management Plan;
- development of an Effluent Reuse Strategy; and
- upgrading our Sewage Treatment Plant.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Hay Shire Council directly on 02 6993 1100.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.