Rural City of Murray Bridge
About the project
The Rural City of Murray Bridge is the lead Recipient for a consortium of Councils covering the regions of Murray Bridge and Mount Barker.
This project will assess the feasibility of transporting recycled water emanating from the Mount Barker Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), including excess stormwater (subject to water allocation planning requirements) beyond the soon to be constructed pipeline to service Hillgrove Mine at Kanmantoo (with a subsequent extension to the town of Callington) to also potentially service users in and around Monaro and/or Murray Bridge.
Deliverables of the Mt Barker – Murray Bridge Water Pipeline Feasibility Study will be:
- Beneficial Uses Investigations Report that will identify and quantify:
- shared Local community and regional benefits;
- potential beneficial uses and associated customers;
- quantify benefits arising from the pipeline extension; and
- suitability of recycled water for the various intended end users.
- Feasibility Analysis Report that will include:
- an assessment of predicted future wastewater availability;
- risk assessment, including risk of inability to supply predicted volumes;
- examination of route options, including preparation of associated maps and consultation with gas mains suppliers on possible collaboration for the establishment of easements;
- design and operation criteria, including energy requirements; and
- indicative whole-of-life costing.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Rural City of Murray Bridge Council directly on 08 8539 1100.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.