Bathurst Regional Council
About the project
Bathurst Regional Council will undertake two projects that focus on identifying, managing and recording water loss. The key elements of these projects will be:
- the use of innovative technology;
- development of technically sound management techniques;and
- adoption of a collaborative approach between water provider and user.
The projects will:
- improve flow measurement and water pressure reduction in an urban residential zone; and
- improve the monitoring and delivery of water to six parks, playgrounds and sports fields through the use of improved irrigation technology.
This project was completed in August 2011 and has resulted in combined water savings of 66ML within the Bathurst Regional Council vicinity. Six Council parks and sports fields have been rejuvenated and are being maintained for the benefit of all Bathurst City residents. Monitoring and evaluation systems have been established by Council staff to determine water savings and identify any future possible water leakages.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Bathurst Regional Council directly on 02 6333 6111.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.