Wentworth Shire Council
About the project
The objectives of this project are to:
- grow the available water supply within the township of Wentworth, without extracting any additional water from the Murray or the Darling Rivers; and
- provide sufficient re-claimed water to service the minimum requirements of the Wentworth Golf Course and the Lachlan McLeod oval, without influence from water allocation changes or climatic conditions.
By undertaking this project:
- the existing waste water treatment plant will be removed from the flood-plain;
- a new waste water treatment plant will be constructed above the 1:100 year flood level;
- 80% of Wentworth’s waste water (waste water from the western side of Wentworth) will be converted into water suitable for use as irrigation water; and
- stormwater from one sector on the western side of Wentworth will be reclaimed for use as irrigation water.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Wentworth Shire Council directly on 03 5027 5027.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.