The National Irrigation Efficiency Stakeholder Reference Panel has been appointed to provide a consultation forum on irrigation efficiency investments under the Australian Government's $5.8 billion Sustainable Rural Water Use and Infrastructure program.
The eight panel members were selected for their expertise in irrigation water efficiency issues. The panel members come from a broad range of irrigation methods and organisations, including rural irrigation practitioners, technical and research bodies, and private and government-owned irrigation water providers.
- Mr David Carter, a wine grape grower and former irrigation system manager from Wahgunyah Victoria.
- Dr Mathew Durack, a pecan grower from Clifton Queensland, Vice Chairman Irrigation Australia, inaugural CEO CRC Irrigation Futures.
- Mr Les Gordon, a rice grower from Barham NSW, President of Ricegrowers' Association of Australia.
- Mr Mike Logan, a cotton farmer from Narrabri NSW, Chairman Cotton RDC, Ex-Director LWA, Deputy Chair CRC on Irrigation Futures.
- Mr Jim McKeown, a dairy farmer from Yarroweyah Victoria, VFF Councillor, member GMW Water Services Committee.
- Mr Gavin McMahon, Chief Executive Officer with Central Irrigation Trust, Barmera South Australia.
- Ms Cheryl Rix, General Manager Western Murray Irrigation.
- Mr Chris Thompson, an irrigation consultant from Hobart Tasmania.
For up-to-date information about the Water for the Future initiative.