The Strategic Sub-System Reconfiguration in the Murray-Darling Basin program is an Australian Government initiative under Water for the Future.
The Australian Government is calling for Expressions of Interest under Round One of the Strategic Sub-System Reconfiguration in the Murray-Darling Basin program (the program) from Irrigation Infrastructure Operators, in partnership with their customers.
$25 million has been allocated for Round One of the program. There is no minimum amount of funding which can be applied for, with the maximum being $25 million.
Round One will open on Monday 18 February 2013 and close at 5.00pm AEDT Tuesday 2 April 2013.
Irrigation Infrastructure Operators wishing to apply for funding under this round should frame their applications to meet the eligibility criteria and the value for money criteria outlined in the guidelines. Applications will be assessed against these guidelines.
- Strategic Sub-system Reconfiguration in the Murray-Darling Basin Program Round One guidelines (PDF - 1139 KB) | Strategic Sub-system Reconfiguration in the Murray-Darling Basin Round One guidelines(Word - 303 KB)
All applications under the program must be lodged by an Irrigation Infrastructure Operator in partnership with their irrigation customers.
Irrigation Infrastructure Operators located in the following catchments are eligible to apply for funding under Round One of the program:
Irrigation Infrastructure Operators who wish to apply must complete the Stage One Application Form.
- Round One - Stage One Application Form (PDF - 273 KB) | Round One - Stage One Application Form(Word - 68 KB)
A flow chart illustrating the application and decision process and other supporting information is available to assist applicants:
- Application and Decision Process Flow Chart (PDF - 903 KB) | Strategic Sub-system Reconfiguration in the Murray-Darling Basin Stage One Application and Decision process flow chart (Word - 36 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF - 196 KB) | Frequently Asked Questions (Word - 25 KB)
- * Sample Water Sale Contract (PDF - 313 KB) | Sample Water Sale Contract(Word - 137 KB)
- Sample Funding Agreement (PDF - 1119 KB) | Sample Funding Agreement (Word - 847 KB)
Note: If any changes are made to the program guidelines, a notification of the changes and a copy of the revised guidelines will be made available on this website.
* The water sale contract provided is currently undergoing revision and, while substantially of the same form, may vary from the final used to contract with successful applicant(s)
A full list of independent consultants which may be engaged by the department to carry out technical and legal due diligence checks in relation to applications under the program are available below:
For all enquires or to request a hard copy of the program guidelines and/or application form, please contact us via:
- Phone 1800 218 478 (toll free)
Alternatively you can write to:
Strategic Sub-System Reconfiguration in the Murray-Darling Basin Program
Water Recovery Initiatives Section
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
GPO Box 787
Canberra ACT 2601