National Wetlands Update February 2013
Issue No. 22, February 2013
The international theme of World Wetlands Day 2013 is “Wetlands Take Care of Water”. Wetlands provide important hydrological functions such as groundwater recharge, water quality improvement and flood alleviation. The health of wetlands depends on the quality and quantity of water that reaches them. To secure their conservation and wise use it is essential that they are managed in the wider context of catchment-scale water resource management.
This edition includes several feature articles on wetlands and water management along with many other articles on current wetland projects and programs.
If you would like to contribute to future editions of Wetlands Australia contact email@example.com
- Cover and Contents (PDF - 1,390 KB)
- Managing environmental water for wetlands (PDF - 974 KB)
- Water management and wetlands (PDF - 1,586 KB)
- Water requirements for wetland species (PDF - 822 KB)
- Wetlands, water and Indigenous Engagement (PDF - 842 KB)
- Wetland Conservation and Restoration (PDF - 839 KB)
- Wetland Management (PDF - 1,416 KB)
- Government Updates (PDF - 976 KB)
- Calendar of Events (PDF - 620 KB)
Previous editions of Wetlands Australia are also available: