Northern Grampians Shire Council Water for the Future Strategic Planning
MACHINERY OF GOVERNMENT CHANGES
On 21 September 2015, responsibility for water policy and resources was transferred to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources - Administrative Arrangement Order made on 21 September 2015.
This website will be updated to reflect these changes.
Northern Grampians Shire Council
About the project
Through this project, the Northern Grampians Shire Council will undertake:
- a detailed assessment expanding on its Sustainable Water Use Plan to produce an integrated water management approach addressing the needs of the water dependent industries and the lifestyle and recreational needs of the community;
- an investigation of potential reuse and recycle options with major water users in the region;
- an assessment of water supply changes and challenges in the Shire;
- a climate change risk assessment ;
- an examination of the regional effects relating to water; and
- the development of detailed monitoring programs.
The project will enable the Northern Grampians Shire Council to plan for a future affected by climate changes and water shortages and will ensure the long term viability of the area, and the wellbeing of its residents.
This project was completed in December 2011. The Northern Grampians Council, with this funding developed the following documents and plans to better manage water resources in the Shire.
- Sustainable Water Use Plan Review
- Response Planning Report
- Northern Grampians Shire Council Water Resources & Assets
- Council Water Assets Risk Assessment
- Northern Grampians Shire Council Water Resource Action Plan
- Climate Change Risk Monitoring Program Report
- Service Asset Management Plan – Stormwater Harvesting Assets
- Action Plan – Motor Climates Change Risk
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Northern Grampians Shire Council directly on 03 5358 8700.