Liveable streetscapes and neighbourhoods in future climates in the Toowoomba Region
Toowoomba Regional Council
About the project
Through this project the Council will:
- develop and implement a project management framework and process and identify data needs;
- prepare a future climatic profiles and data for the Toowoomba Region; and
- develop a Toowoomba regional street tree master plan and implementation plan.
The project will:
- produce future climate profiles for use in adaption planning by local government (and especially the street tree master plan);
- develop, expand and maintain appropriate green infrastructure through street scaping and street trees in many towns and communities of the Toowoomba Regional Council area;
- continue to deliver highly valued community outcomes; and
- identify methods to effectively establish successful and valued streetscapes in a low water future.
This project was completed in March 2012 and resulted in the production of:
- the 'Towwomba Rregional Council Street Tree Masterplan (STMP)' for the Toowoomba Regional Council; and
- a supporting 'Toowoomba Regional Council Street Tree Implementation Plan (STIP) 2011-2016'.
Further information on this project may be obtained by contacting the Toowoomba Regional Council directly on 131 872.
The Strengthening Basin Communities program is funded by the Australian Government's Water for the Future initiative.