Round 1 Water Saving Initiatives component - Strengthening Basin Communities Program
MACHINERY OF GOVERNMENT CHANGES
On 21 September 2015, responsibility for water policy and resources was transferred to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources - Administrative Arrangement Order made on 21 September 2015.
This website will be updated to reflect these changes.
The Water Saving Initiatives component of the Strengthening Basin Communities program supported projects that improve urban water security through water saving initiatives that reduce demand on potable supplies in the Murray-Darling Basin by:
- reducing water loss in distribution systems;
- reducing potable water use; and/or
- providing 'fit for purpose' water that can replace potable supplies
The Water Minister announced successful applicants under round one of the Water Saving Initiatives component in March 2010.
- Strengthening Basin Communities Program
- Phone: 1800 218 478 (toll free)
- Email: SBC@environment.gov.au